Young Mind Project
A Project for Schools and Colleges
“Nurturing the next generation”
- 20% of children and adolescents suffer from some form of disabling mental illness.
- Rate of alcohol and substance misuse among adolescents are increasing day by day.
- Mental health issues and substance misuse lead to poor academic performance.
- WHO recommends starting interventions in Schools and Colleges.
Our vision is to provide holistic services for overall social and emotional development of children and adolescents through education and mental health support.
- To create mental health awareness among students and young adults
- Prevention of alcohol, tobacco, other substance misuse problems
- Prevention of psychological difficulties in adolescents
Package for the full academic calendar year includes:
- Mental Health Awareness booklet for every student
- Meet the Psychiatrist HALF DAY Program
- Delivery of relevant mental health topics (over 5 sessions per year)
- Orientation program for parents / teachers
- Free Referrals and Initial Assessment for students
Topics covered in this package
- Managing stress and mood swings
- Overcoming exam anxiety
- Sleep hygiene techniques
- Dealing with Internet / phone Addiction
- Negative cognitions and importance of positive thinking
- Managing Alcohol problems in teenagers
- Cannabis, Smoking and other substance misuse problems
- Sex education for students
- Improving Self-Esteem and managing Peer Pressure
- Dealing with behavioural problems in youngsters